View Single Post
downandlonely
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2018
10.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 06:02 PM

I had issues with friends who were always using me to vent when they had issues, but were not willing to help me when I had problems. In my senior year in college, I was one of the few people with a car, and others used to make me drive them places. I was hard for me to say no, so I would do it.

Most recently, I had a "friend" who got me to feel sorry for her because she was blind, mentally ill, and homeless. I went out of my way for her, spending over $1000 on food and lodging for her and driving her wherever she wanted to go (no questions asked, no matter what time of day). The city we live in is huge, so this would take hours of time, and sometimes I didn't get home until late.

When I tried to start enforcing some boundaries, she got mad and sent me a text calling me the C word. I realized then that she is homeless because she treats here family (and anyone else who tries to help her) badly, so no one can stand to live with her. I blocked her number and cut her out of my life. It feels much better to not have to deal with people who are using me.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky