View Single Post
Myrto
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
471 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2018 at 06:27 PM

I don't see what could be "worked through" since these feelings are created by therapy itself imo. Every human being on this planet has a hole they need to fill, even the most healthy ones. Therapy seems to often uncover those needs and then magnify them and boom! the client is hooked. I also think some people replace the addiction with a therapist with the addiction of another therapist. They go from one to another chasing the same "high". It took me a while to realize I was in fact addicted to therapy because 1) therapy is never described in this way by mainstream media and 2) I had never been addicted to anything before therapy so it was hard to recognize the effects. When my "supply" was cut off (ie I was terminated) I slowly started to realize what had been happening and the whole thing (therapy) crumbled. I could no longer believe in it and now that the high had worn off I could see the deception and the dishonesty. Therapy holds no interest for me anymore. Ironically I have "worked through it" but not thanks to a therapist, just by myself by questioning the whole thing and by reading stuff.

Thanks for this!
here today, koru_kiwi, MoxieDoxie