View Single Post
Anonymous59376

Default Dec 02, 2018 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralkittymom View Post
"You all are describing highly dysfunctional relations that are not a part of functional transference therapy with competent therapists.
I want to comment specifically to this part. Many of us have highly dysfunctional relationships with therapists because we had highly dysfunctional relationships with parents or no relationships with parents. Many of us carry that through to other relationships in our lives or have figured out how to navigate life despite. I was under the impression that replaying these dynamics with our therapist and having corrective experiences is what therapy was all about? Deep healing?

Particularly when therapists advertently or inadvertently try to provoke a parental or authoritative role, it seems to me that dysfunction resulting from a dysfunctional past is inevitable. Is there no help for those that keep forming dysfunctional relationships if such a thing is apparently not ‘normal’? Perhaps not through the therapy avenue, unless one is lucky enough to find a therapist who is truly exceptional.

Thanks for this!
feralkittymom, here today, koru_kiwi