View Single Post
Anonymous59376
Anonymous59376 has no updates. Edit

Default Dec 02, 2018 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralkittymom View Post
I actually don't hear much advice on this forum about "working out" issues in the presence of alarmingly negative symptoms. What I see more of is posters who are negatively bonded to Ts they should walk away from, but are too deep in desperation to do so. Assuming no one can understand a situation unless they've experienced it is just another way of staying stuck.

I guess I don't think of terminology as "labels." I think words are important because otherwise there's no chance of shared meaning.
The unfortunate reality is that many folks who find themselves negatively bonded are in fact in no position to leave.

I unstuck myself after 8 years of assuming I was working through my issues and said transferences. Especially since my therapist kept pushing me to dig deeper, feel more, grieve, etc. Not being able to differentiate between transference and an unhealthy relationship kept me enmeshed and stuck. I’ve shared in few other threads what my ‘red flags’ are, but it’s not like there’s a readily accessible consumer guide to determine whether your therapy relationship is or isn’t working. Sadly, even if there was, I was already in too deep to leave for many years. Pandora’s box was opened.

The really sad part is that now my options are either find another therapist in a system I no longer trust, or go it alone. I chose the latter. For now.

Hugs from:
feralkittymom, kecanoe

Thanks for this!
here today, koru_kiwi