View Single Post
Elio

Member Since Sep 2006
8,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2018 at 12:07 PM

I work with my transference as part of my therapy. I don't know if I am working through it or not as I'm not exactly sure what that looks like or is like. My guess is that like most therapy stuff, it will be somewhat unique for each person. What has come up recently for me is a few ideas:

- how our internal narratives are created by those that are around us, the earliest coming from our primary care givers. And maybe when we really start to believe (accept) our T's love us, that is when the beginning of our narrative towards loving ourselves start to change.

- it feels like I am creating or recreating the mommy object in my mind. Or whatever it is that we get from our primary care giver as an infant.

Again, I recognize everyone goes to therapy for different things and has different needs from therapy so any generalization made here is not to imply that this is how it will work for or is for anyone else.

I have a feeling that these are the things I will need to address/overcome in order to "work through" the transference. That said, my T is completely ok if a part of me always sees her as mommy and will welcome it whenever my mind goes there. So I am not so sure that working through the transference means eliminating it completely since transference is a natural human experience. I'm not exactly sure what it will mean to have worked through it.