View Single Post
JNNFE

Member Since Aug 2018
Default Dec 04, 2018 at 08:57 AM

Life is so up and down with this girl and I'm so frustrated. In addition to dealing with her, my very elderly parents are failing and I'm trying to figure out how we are going to cope with that (I do have siblings who are helping too), and my husband has some health issues that will probably get worse over the next few months.

My dd had a brief romance last summer that ended badly when the guy ghosted her - they weren't a couple, she wasn't in love with him, but she can't let go of this. Things were on an uptick when she made a friend who is now her roommate, they moved into a great apartment together. That situation is still good, however, she found out the guy is now dating a girl who lives in her building. Now it's a very large building and the chances she's going to run into him are small, but she's now obsessed with it. "I can't leave my apartment." "I can't get over it." I want to scream. We've all been there. Move on. Unfortunately, school is on a break until the first of the year and she doesn't have a job to occupy her, so she sits and overthinks everything.

She sees a therapist every other week and she is on medication. Her psychiatrist switched her to a new one a couple of weeks ago with the warning that it might get worse before it gets better and would, of course, take a few weeks for the full effects to kick in. So a lot of this current situation could be related to the meds and the holiday season.

Just venting - getting so sick of hearing about this guy and how she "can't" get over it.
JNNFE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote