Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2018 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenZeta View Post
So I've known this guy for... at least six years. In fact, we know each others' exes. We never really connected...were always just acquaintances. I ran into him about two years ago, and ended up giving him my number for business reasons. Needless to say, he TRIED to ask me out and I consistently said no. I've never found him attractive.

Well, he finally wore me down (being single for two years can do that to a gal) and I decided a lunch couldn't hurt, so I went out with him. I'm sorry... there was just NOTHING there. The conversation seem strained. I didn't have that urge to hang around (like I do on a date with someone I connect with). It was... painful.

...and the thing is, he's not completely unfortunate looking...just not MY type. He's successful, physically fit...seemingly good on paper...

Of course, my well-meaning "wed and bred" friends keep giving me the speech about being more open and giving people a chance, but you can't FAKE attraction.

They think I should go out with him again, but I don't want to. I'm sick of TRYING to make something work. I'm OK if I stay single a little longer. Is something wrong with me?

I'm not going to argue against your thinking here, and although attraction isn't everything it is quite up there on the list of priorities. if attraction is mild, it can be ok if the other aspects are there but if there is none, it's hard to overcome that fact.

Besides the fact if there were other offsetting factors this post would have been different, in that you would not be talking about how he's "good on paper" and blah blah but talking about how wonderful he is. He just seems to be a person in your view is neither overly wonderful or attractive.

Just not your type. the last reason you want to cave to going out is due to pressure. just do what you think is right. Not what they, your friends, and he think
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote