Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 04, 2018 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
How and why you became DID that is going to take a lot of research and study on your part. you start by learning about the brain, its physical parts and how they function. you will have to learn and know things like right and left hemispheres, frontal lobes, cerebral cortex, cerebellum, brain stem, lots of technical medical and mental information. Are you ready to "go back to school"? .
I was reading through this thread again and this stuck out to me.Many sessions were spent with my therapist explaining things to me and I borrowed many different books of his to read in between sessions.At times he had me watch videos about the brain during sessions too.I found it all fascinating,although at times it was difficult to understand what I was being told/was watching/was reading.He was very good at answering any questions I had so that I could understand better though.

You said:
Quote:
part of the integration of alters is discovering their origins, what and how your brain created them, what the medical / physical and mental process was for their actual creation.
I think,well at least for me,I was just naturally curious about discovering their origins,what and how my brain created them,etc.and was fascinated.I guess most people would be curious and fascinated by it though really.

This whole thread is fascinating to me.it's not often I stumble upon others that have integrated too.I did meet some people online(not this site) that I corresponded with a few years ago when I was searching for others that have integrated.The contact with them was short lived though because I realized very quickly that I didn't have anything in common with them and couldn't relate to their experiences and others I had doubts that they ever had DID to begin with,let alone recover from it.So I pretty much gave up searching or even sharing anymore for a long time.

A common thing I found all over the internet was the different definitions of what integration is.For example what some consider integration is what I call co-consciousness and cooperation.I was corresponding with someone that told me they had reached full integration yet they were talking about their alters and I asked them"I thought you were fully integrated" and they said they were.That wasn't/isn't my experience at all and our conversations just kind of dwindled until we stopped all contact.

That would actually be an interesting thread topic or interesting for others to discuss in this thread,what integration means to them,what they think it means,etc.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky