View Single Post
poet8

Member Since Sep 2013
Question Dec 05, 2018 at 02:13 AM

I used to come on here regularly as Jazzy123456 but I can't remember my password and now I am on here as poet8. Just wondering who might still be on here who I might know. That was several years ago though. Here's my question for everyone: how would you feel about seeking counseling in the same place you go to church? If you don't attend church, just imagine a place you typically go to. The problem is...

I lead a creative group in my church and people see me as the leader but I really need counseling and I am really afraid that I could lose my leadership position if I seek counseling from a lady in the church, because I would be afraid of being viewed as unstable. I really wanted to see this counselor because she fought through cancer, overcame and is cancer free and I am battling chronic pain and want to learn from her strength.

When thinking that you could lose a leadership position, or maybe that is just a "fear" would you see this counselor? I am not sure this would be traditional counseling where something was signed, indicating that she would keep her word of confidentiality. I think it would be more like a mentorship and I would have to just trust her.

Also. I really needed to see someone and so I went back to my counselor from several years ago first. I thought she wouldn't help me, because that's the reason I left in the first place. I thought her counseling was no longer effective. But surprisingly, I felt a lot better when I left. So, now I am wondering if it would be easier to just go back to her? She's an hour away though. And the lady from my church is only 15 minutes away. And she is the traditional counselor with a practice. Also. I just got a degree in counseling and the lady who was delivered from cancer who would mentor me, was actually one of the students in the class with me. Not sure if her knowing me prior to mentoring me would make a difference??

Any thoughts? What would you do?
poet8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks