View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Dec 05, 2018 at 10:03 AM

That is a very good goal. I own my own home. For me it also started out as a goal. My family got the house they owned via it being my grandma's home that my mom lived in. So the family had never done a "regular" purchase and sale of a home. I was quite intimindated but wanted to learn the process. Now I know the process.

Also the value of my home has increased a lot since I purchased. You won't get that with renting.

My advice:
- no matter what you think it will cost to do this, double it. It was shocking to me how many extra costs came my way.
- get a good mortgage broker. One of my first deals fell through because my mortgage broker didn't pay attention and was trying to do something the underwriter wouldn't go for.
- get a good real estate agent. My first real estate agent was an absolute idiot. She actually refused to make an offer on a home for me because she said I shouldn't make an offer without seeing the unit. As I mentioned to her..I lived in the same complex - so I knew more about the unit than most people. I ended up going with a buyers broker only who was also an attorney. He was great.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aviza