View Single Post
Laurel1562

Laurel1562 has no updates.

5 yr Member
114 hugs
given
Default Dec 05, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
if I remember right (havent checked out your past posts yet) you went through a very fast healing process of not knowing billy was there to knowing and developed co consciousness with billy with in days and hours....... and in this post you seem to know a lot about your alters and what is going on...
Co-consciousness is not the same as healing. There are plenty of systems that have co-consciousness, but they are not integrated or healed. We are in the beginning process of treatment for DID and have a long road ahead of us.

Quote:
my point is since you have co consciousness and such with your alters you can look back at your lifetime and also ask inside to billy and the others and
find out how you and your system has handled these things in the past. this will tell you what you need to do now.
My system has never dealt with this situation well; we are always thrown into a crisis. We recall a party back in third grade when we were not invited. We asked someone about it, because we didn't know what to do and we were given bad advice. As a result, we got an invitation and attended the party, but were confronted and asked why we invited ourself. Long story short, this situation has been replayed in our mind innumerable times, always trying to figure out what we could have done better--how we could have dealt with the pain. Still haven't figured it out. It is torturous.

To repeat what I said earlier, it was through exploring this trigger that little Billy came out in therapy. In the week following, I was informed (I think by Athena) about more alters. Chaos ensued, with alters popping up and going away like Whack-a-mole, or a roulette wheel. I assure you, co-consciousness is not the same as healing. It is just a different type of system. And there is not complete co-consciousness for all alters and I loose time on occasion.

Co-consciousness is a gateway for beginning to get co-operation between alters and is needed, I guess, for integration-which we do not want by the way, preferring eventual cooperation, but if parts integrate naturally, that is fine. We are so far from healed it's not funny. And this situation with my sister is raising havoc--putting us back in what we have always experienced as an intolerable situation.

Thanks for this!
amandalouise