amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 05, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel1562 View Post
Please forgive my blabbing, but I'd like to share what my experience of co-consciousness is like for sake of clarity. It does not mean cooperation. It means that I am aware of an alter or alter. Sometimes I experience it like I am sitting in the back seat of a car while someone else is driving. Sometimes it is like watching the body being hijacked and I feel like I am behind a transparent wall, watching, but unable to change what is happening. Sometime it is hearing a thought in my head giving their opinion. Sometimes it is hearing arguments in my head between alters. I am not able to read my alters minds, nor have I met them all. As I have said before, we are in the beginning of our therapeutic process. And there is a spectrum of systems, each one being different. Perhaps in yours, Amanda, co-consciousness was a great leap forward in healing. For me, it has not been.
I actually had very little to no coconsciousness with most of my alters. co consciousness is not a necessary element here where I am in terms of healing. it is part of the healing journey for some but here where I am healing just means making progress, not staying stuck. looks like you and I, our locations and treatment providers just have a difference of definitions of what the term healing means.

I tend to think about it like a cut or broken bone. even though the bone is still broke and you can still see the cut, progress is being made to help that bone or cut. it is healing from the moment of the damage thanks to how the body takes care of itself.. mental problems are healing the moment a person takes the steps to see their problems and do something about the problem. Doesnt mean the problem is going to be fixed cured over night, just that positive changes are happening.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote