View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Dec 05, 2018 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I'm so sorry you're struggling, DazedandConfused254 I can relate to your struggles. I often get paranoid when it comes to text messages as well. Try to give yourself some time limit before trying again (like maybe three days). It also seems like this may be caused by some self-esteem issues you have. Do you think that may be correct? Perhaps you need to work on that. Maybe buy some books on the subjects. Do you see a therapist? I'm sorry you have to deal with this
Thanks so much for your reply like always, Mickey. Good thing to know I'm not alone in this. Some of the things that I text about aren't as important, but especially if the conversation is at a standstill, maybe I can try again. No one has to be perfect in managing messages, but there's no reason to be ignored.

You are right about the self-esteem issues. I went through a rough patch for awhile in school and my first job, which of course has long since abated, but still there's has been a lot to process since then, especially feeling unworthy and undeserving, even when I've done nothing wrong. But thankfully I'm seeing a counselor at my uni which has helped sort things out

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky