View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Dec 06, 2018 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J. View Post
One thing I've learned about anxiety, is that the symptoms aren't always like an anxiety attack but more like an automatic behavior. Like a destructive and irrational habit that one can't seem to break. It's not something you want to do and it's harmful, but yet your brain literally doesn't know what else to do or how to do it.
Thank you so much for your response, S.J. I didn't find anything rude in your response and hooe you get sone recuperative sleep.

I appreciate your advice about CBT, and your words that I should remain hopeful about positive changes.

Your quote above definitely seems right on, in my case. My "wall" is not one I really want to put up, but it is indeed hard to eliminate. I would love the chance to make some good female friends (or at least one) in the future. Though I've tried "not to care" about lost friends or lack of, of course I do, or I wouldn't revisit this issue. I feel this hole in my life. Not just me having a female friend, but me being able to give to someone more fully.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote