Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rise13eyond View Post
I would definitely say he is.
thank you for answering alwayschanging question of whether this alter can be called an introject.

now I understand your post better because introjects dont just happen in very early childhood and can happen with just about any mental and physical health problems. and they can happen out of no where. just out of the blue come into being.

I had a few of these kinds of alters. what introjects are is when a persons mind creates a kind of alternate personality that is a copy of someone else in the persons life. most times they are the abusers in a persons like, someone who has bullied or otherwise abused, threatened punished the victim.

one of my introject alters came into being as a way to follow the abusers code of do not tell. this alter was to coin the phrase a carbon copy of my abuser, if I even thought of telling someone about the abuse this introject would start putting me down, threatening me and in some cases retaliate against me in order to keep me following the abusers code.

Another one of my introjects came into being in high school as a result of high school bullying, this alter was a carbon copy of the bullies. any time something good in my life would happen this alter would pop up to put me down and make me feel worthless, low self esteem again just like the high school bullies did.

in my younger college days I had a very rude and dis respectful professor. this professor was so emotionally stressful that every test time a carbon copy of him called an introject would spring into being, just to harass me during my studies for the tests.

the key to this kind of alter is to counter the negative with the positive. work with my treatment providers to understand why they were just popping into being (because deep down I believed what my abusers told me and deserved to be punished in this way.)

Eventually thanks to great meds and working with my treatment providers I now know I am not what the abusers thought of me and I dont deserve to punish myself by having abusers in my life, whether those abusers are actual abusers or through introjects.

my suggestion is if this introject continues to bother you and you continue to have introjects popping into your life out of the blue contact a mental health treatment provider who can get you on the right kind of anti psychotic meds while working with you to understand why unconsciously you need this kind of abusive, stuff in your life.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
rise13eyond

Thanks for this!
rise13eyond