View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2018 at 01:04 PM

Woke up very queasy this morning, nearly threw up. Not sure if it is the 100 mg increase in Seroquel or hormones (due to start my period today or tomorrow). Did manage some exercise today, less than yesterday, but better I stopped, it was still too much. I think not only do I run for ED reasons, it's compulsive now, I'm anxious if I can't run.

Frig. is off & on. Hope it makes it through the weekend. We really don't need this emergency, especially now. My daughter is having a birthday party here tomorrow. 7 pre-teen girls, fun Well, they are nice and good friends of hers, which is great because she would not play with other kids until the end of kindergarten. I worried she might have Aspergers (pretty sure my father does). The pediatrician does think she has sensory processing disorder, but we don't have money for a diagnosis or occupational therapy. She's super smart in all her subjects, especially math, but nearly all her senses are affected. Food has to be separated. She won't wear pants or shorts, saying they are too tight around the waist; if they are comfortable around the waist, they fall off her hips. Luckily, we live in an area where winter is mild; sometimes we have no freezes, usually 1 or 2 that are gone the next day, snow flurries, every 10 years or so. She hates loud noises (bathroom hand blow dryers, vacuum cleaner, blender, etc.). There are lots of other issues too, but that's just a general idea.

Anyone here a parent and worried about passing on ED habits to your child? I am, at least as far as looks; my daughter has already asked why I am so skinny; I've just told her I run a lot. Hopefully, it will not affect her body image, but then again, her personality is eccentric and eclectic, not always easy to parent but very strong in all her beliefs & feelings and not influenced by popular opinions. She has 5 cousins who pretty much were/are the same at development in every stage, but my daughter is completely different from her cousins (2 sets - 2 boys, 3 girls). I'd never wish an ED on anyone, and especially not my child.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Thanks for this!
shovelhead