Magnate

Member Since Jul 2011
128 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2018 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Gem View Post
It was all that went on. I was suprised that he made a joke like that, am it felt almost suggestive and the kind of jokes you'd make with a male friend not a counselor, am I overreacting for thinking that?
However, he does seem like someone who would respect boundaries, he seems to appreciate my opinions.
Those cases are hard to judge based purely on the description. Most of communication is non-verbal. Without seeing a person's face, hearing their voice, seeing the gestures and such, it's hard to judge the intention by the content of what was said only.

The fact that he switched to a serious tone immediately after saying it suggests that he didn't mean to flirt. If he had meant to flirt, I think, he would've kept it up, at least, this has been my experience with those who flirt.

If this doesn't happen again, I'd dismiss it as a joke. I don't think it's worth it reading too much into what people mean by saying this or that. Even when something bothered you, if it's been just a single occurrence and never led anywhere, it's not a problem that is worth worrying about.

Bernie Sanders/Tulsi Gabbard 2020
Ididitmyway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote