View Single Post
Heeree
Newly Joined

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Dec 07, 2018 at 08:58 PM

Hello everyone,
I am concerned about my brother needing help for depression. Our father passed away about 7 years ago and since then, he has not worked and has become disassociated with his friends and more and more with myself. He lives with our mom (who enables him) who is also becoming more antisocial as well. My brother has said he is depressed to my mother, but will not talk to me about it. He thinks that he just needs medication before therapy (hasn't taken any steps towards either). My parents have always supported him, but this is getting worse. I feel like I have tried approaching the conversation with him in all directions, but he just gets upset and shuts down. He's gained a lot of weight, sleeps all day, and plays video games in his room the rest of the time. He doesn't reply to my texts or our friend's texts or calls to get him out of the house. Were going on 7 years of this and it's upsetting and worrying me more every day. Today he has turned 30 and has nothing to show at this point. I need advice on how to get him (and my stubborn mom) help. Thank you.
Heeree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48850