View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Dec 07, 2018 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
Honestly I used to have horrible problems with this when I was a kid. But the moment I started drinking coffee (especially instant) I never had the problem again. My suggestion would be to consider coffee - also probiotics.

I use Miralax on my cat when he gets in trouble. But I try not to use a lot of it. With him I also use oil. Salmon oil. It either makes it slide right out or doesn't agree with him. I sometimes use coconut oil for that purpose.
How did you solve your constipation problem? Do you take Metamucil (another OTC product that you add to water -- I haven't tried this one yet either).

I think I get backed up when my hormones go haywire either before or after I get my period.

I normally drink decaf coffee but I think I'll try caffeine tomorrow and hope it stimulates my colon to push it real good as the Salt N Pepper song goes (which is not about constipation LOL but I was trying to make a joke).

i was also told I have to start adding Metamucil fiber supplement to water to keep my poo soft, but, I don't want to do that. i'd rather try Dandelion tea or something natural. I drink Peppermint tea and Chamomile tea so maybe I'll investigate teas for constipation too.

i don't normally drink regular coffee b/c it makes my heart race for about 5 hours. But I'm willing to put up with it tomorrow (Saturday) just to get some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Simply, drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber.
Tisha, I already drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to the point where my urine is totally clear, which means I'm hydrated. I just don't understand how that water doesn't get absorbed in my colon, and gets peed out instead.

i also read online that if you up your fiber intake too quickly, it can backfire on you and cause constipation. Fiber has to be added slowly over a couple of weeks.

I eat fiber every day but I know I don't eat a ton of fiber. So I am trying to slowly add more fiber to my daily meals. It's just so frustrating b/c I have rosacea food triggers, foods I have to avoid b/c I have N.A.F.L.D. or NASH, and am supposed to avoid fruits that the body mistakes for pollen, since I'm allergic to Birch trees and some stone fruits like apples, etc. mimic the pollen from Birch trees when ingested raw, but not cooked. So, all that fiber source from those stone fruits I can't eat either.

But thank you ladies for at least responding. I will try the coffee and I will just slowly add more fiber to my meals. I will try to add some stretching and some walking daily to my routine too, hopefully to get things moving in my colon and intestines.

Constipation is so frustrating to deal with. I can't stand doctors who just dismiss it as "take this laxative or fiber supplement" as if that solves the problem. Um, no, it just is a temporary band aid. I feel like I will have to use food, coffee, teas, probiotics (I don't know what those are and I can't eat yogurt b/c of my fatty tissue liver disease since dairy constipates me too), some exercise and I'm good with the water (clear pee means good hydration supposedly).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote