View Single Post
Anonymous49071

Thumbs up Dec 08, 2018 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer47 View Post
I have met my goals and am satisfied with what I have done. (The bedtime rituals are for later to day).

My experience is that when one starts to work on a project one gives all one has at the beginning of the project. The problem is to be able to continue when the first feelings of happiness for being able have calmed down. I hope to make it!

I feel frustrated! Yesterday I became so tired that I almost fell asleep before my head was on the pillow. I was not able to do the active relaxation (use a program) because of tiredness. When I woke up this morning, I was very tired after breakfast and it was too dark outside to go for a walk to benefit my winter-depression (SAD). I went to bed again, fell asleep and am now sitting here and wonder about what I shall do.

I cannot make plans that are too difficult for my "disorder". On the other side it is when I go to bed again or have to break plans because of tiredness, it is then I fall off my own good track in the recovery process.

How do I solve this?

I think that since the SAD is real, I have to adapt to that, no quick solution. May be I have to rest when I need it (and at the same time break the "program"). If so, the real problem has to be how to continue after resting and waking up drowsy?

I have decided that perhaps it is an idea to have some sort of a "passing through ritual" to help me go on afterward?

I will try this: Coffee and some food after rest. Tell myself that I am an OK person even if a lot of thoughts pups up in my head after rest, - it is part of my condition. Then I will lay cabal (it sounds silly, I know), but I have found out from before that to lay cabal can help me to shift focus. So when focus is taken off the situation with a lot of thoughts that stand in the way for progression, I will decide what to do for the rest of the day and then use an object to touch and consentrate on (Mindfulness) to break what is already past of the day into being able to use the rest of the day.

I want to try that.

Forgive me for this long post, but I feel that it helps me to "talk to you", my friends on the thread, and at the same time I hope that it inspires you to think about how to solve your own situations when you feel stuck. The solution is always unique for each one of us, but it has to be to look for the real problem. My problem was not the rest, but how to continue after the rest. Instead of telling ourselves that we are stupid, lazy, hopeless or whatever, it is a good idea to ty to figure out what is the real problem (in the here and now) and find our unique way to solve it.

Thank you for reading!

Good hopes and wishes for each one of you!

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Deilla, stahrgeyzer, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Sunflower123