View Single Post
Anonymous48672
Anonymous48672 has no updates. Edit

Default Dec 08, 2018 at 02:42 PM

Emily, so I went to the coffee shop this morning around 10 a.m. and ordered a 1/2 caf 1/2 decaf chocolate mocha. Around 11:30 a.m. I had a small bowel movement. Not much came out, but some did. Then just now at 1:15 p.m. after I drank 2 glasses of water -- the caffeine could still be in my system from this morning -- I had another small bowel movement. So, I think I will stick with the 1/2 caf 1/2 decaf mocha treatment.

I tried drinking 2 glasses of microwaved apple juice last night -- it has sorbitol but not as much as prune juice has -- and all that did a few hours later was give me gas but did not produce a bowel movement. I was disappointed.

I think I will still go buy some prune juice and try the Butter Bomb -- prune juice microwaved with 1 teaspoon of melted butter -- maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

It's been 7 days now with only intermittent, small bowel movements since my period (damn hormones and my hypothyroid and NASH and middle age and sedentary lifestyle).

I read online that another natural treatment for constipation is to drink 1 teaspoon of olive oil on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, or drink 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of microwaved water, or drink castor oil, or drink Dandelion tea or Cilantro tea.

There's an abundance of info on the internet about "natural constipation" treatments but who's to say those would work for everyone, and my anxiety is so triggered already thinking about resorting to OTC products like Miralax or Metamucil.

How long did it take you to clear up your constipation Emily? Weeks? Months? Do you still get a caffeine buzz or did your body eventually adjust? Just 1/2 caffeine and 4 hours later I'm still buzzing from it. But I'm trying to drink water too.

I think it's interesting that neither water nor Metamucil worked for you either. That must mean like you, I may have a structural problem with my colon, or if not structural, both of our colons won't absorb the water into the stool/waste inside to help it soften and get pushed out. So damn frustrating.

Maybe I just have to keep trying the caffeine route and hope in a week it clears out my colon. I meet with the GI dr. tomorrow. Don't know how that will go. Thanks for commenting on my thread. I thought I was the only person with this constipation problem.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote