View Single Post
Anonymous55498

Default Dec 09, 2018 at 02:46 PM

I personally don't see too much overall imbalance in terms of therapy believers and antagonists on this forum and there are many people who don't seem to identify with poles or have just one steady type of opinion (I would place myself in the latter "agnostic" category). There are posts and threads for/focusing on the more extreme opinions, as well as threads like this one with a mix of everything. I like hearing all the different experiences and opinions as long as they do not turn into remarkable defensiveness and passive aggression, but even the latter are useful for the people who post them in some way, I guess. I think it is perfectly fair and valid to advocate what has or has not worked for someone and also to raise what someone perceives as systemic patterns and issues.

This whole transference topic is also something that naturally attracts the diversity given that it's not fool-proof, hardcore science and the concepts are quite obscure as well. I personally believe in the phenomenon of transference, just think it is often oversimplified and put in a few common boxes, and I do despise therapists or therapies that look at every interaction and feeling as transference.

Thanks for this!
feralkittymom, here today, koru_kiwi, LonesomeTonight, lucozader, Taylor27, unaluna