Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Dec 09, 2018 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
I had a dentist that I trusted but he retired. But even then he did a root canal I now think wasn't necessary. It is just that every time I go they seem to find problems but that, to me, seems insane. I actually think a lot of work that has been done on my teeth wasn't necessary and now they are like.. well there is nothing left so we have to do something super invasive. I am also at midlife and I kind of wonder if it is worth it anymore.
Both my previous denitst (whom I really liked & trusted... except for the hygenist) & now this new dentist have noticed white spots on my gums that they said I should have looked at by an orthdontist. So they each referred me to different orthodontists neither of which were approved for payment by my health insurer. So I would have ended up paying the whole cost out-of-pocket. I guess I could try to find someone I could see whom my health insurer would pay for. But I don't really have the motivation to do so. I have my 6 month check-up coming toward the end of January. And I suppose the dentist will give me a hard time for not having this checked out. If she does... I may well just not go back.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote