xmascarol
Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2018
9 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2018 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Thanks for this. I was on Klonopin for a short while several years back now. It was prescribed for me when I had a serious increase in the level of tinnitus I have. And it was actually quite helpful.

I've always had anger management issues & have had periodic episodes where I would loose control for short periods of time almost completely, thankfully though, short of becoming physically violent. And now as I'm aging it seems as though while these episodes aren't increasing in frequency, when they do occur, they are even more extreme than they used to be (again short of physical violence.)

I've wondered sometimes if what I am experiencing is a precursor to some form of senior dementia. But I don't know. I've told myself, on a couple of occasions, that if I continue having these "blowouts" I'll have to see about getting on some sort of anti-anxiety med. And the one that has typically come to mind is Klonopin, because of the beneficial effect it had on my tinnitus. But if Klonopin can actually make you feel anxious & cause an increase in anger & violence, then that definitely would not be the best medication for me.
You know my doctor knows of my yelling it has gotten me into trouble I live in senior housing and I have been reported a few times because of my yelling .Sometimes I just cannot help it,it just happens my land lady even had the nerve to tell me that I need to learn how to control it,if I knew how to control my anger I would ,sometimes I can just laugh things off but other times it get pretty bad.When I lose something like power or my tv or have issues with my computer I get all nervous and anxious of course I am going to yell she knows that to why I yell she even told me once I know u get anxious but u need to stop she threatened to have me evicted.What I have read is she cannot do that also read that a land lord is not suppose to come into your apt unless something is wrong like something isnt working or broken and not asks any mental or physical questions what she is doing is illegal. I told the head of housing about her she didnt like it to much she said I was rude I was not rude I just said she is sticking her nose where it doesnt belong.She thinks she knows everything everyone around here hates her.Sometimes I think the klonopin makes me gassy too. I guess that is why they call me an old FART lol just a sense of humor here. If u need to talk I am here for u especially when u feel an episode coming on.I do know part of my problem to stems from a head injury I had years ago.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks