View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 09:10 AM

I think you need to expose yourself to as many people as possible. Attend support groups, volunteer, join interest groups. Just get yourself out. I happened to come upon my long term boyfriend via the internet in a forum where we shared a common interest. Scary as heck. We met almost immediately. (ironically I question relationships that have never strayed from the internet).

A word about dating sites. It is just my own observation of friends who have and do belong to these but if you are going to give these a go I would stick with those that require a membership to join. I think given the investment in doing so makes such members a little more truthful and honest about themselves. Oh there are plenty of those who don't meet that criteria but a whole lot less on such websites as those that offer free dating. For example, craigs list and plenty of fish seem to stand out as being rather risky. My friends who have searched for love on say eHarmony have been much more successful in meeting partners and acquaintances than their experiences with the freebie sites.

Whatever way you choose to do so, just get yourself out there meeting as many people as possible.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blogwriter