Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I am sorry for what is happening with the relationship and the other person isn't willing to talk to you. I can see how that can be very triggering for you considering what you have shared. The fact that you can now see that you pushed him away and how that is part of what you do when you struggle because of your past, is not such a bad thing in that you are realizing that part of the problem is your behavior. Even though you can't reach this person it's not all bad in that it gives you more time to understand it AND have time to eventually explain it better to the other person rather than getting a response that might only trigger you again and possibly send him yet another confusing message. Also, this individual may not be the right person for you and that might be something "time" can also help you realize.

If your father abandoned you, that never meant you were unworthy, it meant that your father was lacking in the ability to function as a healthy parent. This often leaves someone wanting to be loved but also may pick the wrong partner that once again lacks in having healthy relationship skills. That is also what this article is explaining. The reason the relationship forum is THE most active forum is because a lot of people genuinely don't know what a healthy relationship is supposed to be and a lot of that comes from how they were raised where they genuinely did not get to see what a healthy relationship looks like.

I don’t want anyone other then my fiancé.
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes