Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
What a challenging emotional hand. Neglect can be as powerful as physical and other forms of violence. You are taking steps in the right direction and should feel empowered from the choices you've made for yourself.

After taking care of your physical and emotional well being, treating your inability to sleep should be your first priority. If your therapist isn't helping, maybe try a different plan, different therapist, or take a break from therapy with intention and possible scheduled return (ex. one month, rather then every week).

PTS is best overcome in a short amount time. I am not sure why that is suggested. I believe this is suggested to alleviate symptoms and work through emotional pain as quickly as possible. Re-visiting the same issue every month may leave a painful chapter of your life open. That is what was suggested to me, and I couldn't do that. I worked through one issue over two years. In that two years, we only focused on the painful events for moments at a time. A more intensive treatment would have been more effective. After a traumatic experience, take as much time as you need. Check in with someone. Talk about your day. Person to person contact is valuable.
Well I just found out what someone thought of me second hand, coupled with the phone being turned off and the emails and messages being ignored, I feel like dung. Its not ptsd,its a current situation.
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote