View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 04:16 PM

Oh, ick, I had an encounter with a creepy guy with lousy come-ons while out buying light bulbs. I know I can't be the only one here with a background of abuse - physical, verbal, sexual. Some of his remarks...ugh. He said things to me like, "You've got a great body." I was still in my workout clothes, tightish black pants, a bright yellow long-sleeved workout top; top was pretty loose not at all revealing. (Thank God I hadn't taken the workout top off before entering the store in only my tank top & sports bra; I'd been thinking about it as it had warmed up, and I was getting hot because my list of errands today was gigantic. The tank top is very fitted.) It's not every day I buy lightbulbs, so I was unfamiliar with the section, had to hunt it over to find what I needed. He said stuff like, "You must work out." Well, duh, I was in workout clothes. Then, "I really enjoy seeing such a nice body." Creep factor explosion! He goes away a bit then comes back and starts up again. "Wow, you look amazing. Your body is so wonderful to see." Ick, ick, ick.
Possible trigger:

Thank God he goes & checks out. I watched from the store doors & windows to see him get in a car and drive away. As it happened, there was a police car in the parking lot when I left the store; it looked like some unlucky driver was getting a traffic ticket.

But ugh, creepy! I know I wasn't wearing my wedding rings. I never wear them when I work out because my fingers often swell when I exercise. In light of all the famous men getting in trouble over things like this and more, the metoo movement, what makes a man feel this is completely appropriate to say to a woman he's only just seen for the first time and doesn't know at all?! It's it's a compliment, he needs to work on his social skills, and as a come on, it's just creepy. I didn't look him in the eyes even once. If I could take half a dozen showers without wasting water, I would.
Possible trigger:
Nearly like a transport back in time I didn't need or want. I can't say this creepy uncle is 100% responsible for my ED, but oh, yeah, I definitely put some of the blame on him.

Jump back to the undramatic present...need to get back to my lunch and fun stuff like doing the laundry.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird