View Single Post
BillM

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelikemusic View Post
Thank you seeker33! I'll be sure to check it out. I had a good therapist one time, but then she left the company and was replaced with someone who wasn't a good fit. It's a shame because I felt like I made good progress with her.

Thank you for sharing HappyCrafter . Sometimes, I've realized that I have holes in my memory too. There are times where I'll just be going about my life and out of nowhere I'll remember something that had been repressed. I'm sure I can get a therapist to help. It's just a matter of finding someone who's a good fit for me. Unfortunately, I live in a crappy area and have to travel pretty far just to find therapists at all. I'll be sure to search for low-income services. Thank you.

Thank you, Stone92 . I don't understand why our families are the ones to hurt us the most. It shouldn't be this way but it is and it's horrible. Just today, I woke up and early this morning my mother had alcohol on her breath. I'm sick of it. I go into the kitchen and there are about 8 cans of beer in the trash. Like wtf?

Thank you, 88Butterfly88 . Actually, I'm afraid to drive. I can't help but have this bad feeling that I would get into a car accident. I have ADHD and I just don't think I would be able to focus on the road as I should. I don't want to add one more thing to my list of troubles, so I stick to public transportation like the plague.

I feel the exact same way! I don't feel safe with any of my family members. I've just been faking it to make it, trying to survive until the day I can finally get away from them. At least we realize how toxic they are. It's good to know that it's not us.

And no problem! Thank you for responding to my post as well.
I have a "family from Hell" as well. My bullies like to present themselves as the "sane ones" and often convince me that I am the only "crazy one" Those who badly bully people are likely mentally ill them selves I tell the least violent
and most manipulative bully " we all have various mental health issues you just don't realize it or want to admit your own." As a layperson my best guess is Narcissistic personality disorder"Sociopath phsychopath borderline pesonality dissorder and substance abuse etc. Your bullies just like mine are more than likely have diagnosable mental illnesses driven behaviors that always harm others and often themselves. They will "concern troll ' about my mental health quite often. I found the work of Shahida Arabi to be a tremendous source of healing. Thats where IM trying to keep my main focus.
BillM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
alittlelikemusic

Thanks for this!
alittlelikemusic