Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 10, 2018 at 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenZeta View Post
So I've known this guy for... at least six years. In fact, we know each others' exes. We never really connected...were always just acquaintances. I ran into him about two years ago, and ended up giving him my number for business reasons. Needless to say, he TRIED to ask me out and I consistently said no. I've never found him attractive.

Well, he finally wore me down (being single for two years can do that to a gal) and I decided a lunch couldn't hurt, so I went out with him. I'm sorry... there was just NOTHING there. The conversation seem strained. I didn't have that urge to hang around (like I do on a date with someone I connect with). It was... painful.

...and the thing is, he's not completely unfortunate looking...just not MY type. He's successful, physically fit...seemingly good on paper...

Of course, my well-meaning "wed and bred" friends keep giving me the speech about being more open and giving people a chance, but you can't FAKE attraction.

They think I should go out with him again, but I don't want to. I'm sick of TRYING to make something work. I'm OK if I stay single a little longer. Is something wrong with me?
Don't force it. If the attraction's not there, let it go. On the other hand, attraction isn't always a good thing, it could end you up hurt, but if you're not wanting to be in a relationship enough to give a boring person a go, let it go.
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote