Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
1,603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2018 at 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
I used to be really bothered by this. It still upsets me at times but I’ve learned to share very little with people. I keep my discussions superficial even though I’m not a superficial person and I hate small talk. I try to be a good listener and say positive things to people as much as possible and leave it at that if I can. I also don’t respond when people say things that cross my boundaries... not unless it’s something that really warrants a response... I take a mental note of it when it happens and then I just politely stay away from that person. I figure I’ll be as kind as possible but for most people, I keep it very distant.
This sounds very familiar... It's a wall we build around ourselves. I do the same. I guess it's a double edged sword.
We stay safe but we also appear boring and superficial. That might create a distance because people can't relate to us.

I dread the question "how are you?". In my culture, you're supposed to actually answer honestly and say something about your life. People often tell you about some problem they have in order to show they trust you and they expect you to share something worth them. I absolutely hate this because I can only say I'm fine, thanks, which basically kills all potential conversation... I just have no idea what to say!

I'm sorry this might be off topic but it does relate in a way. It's so difficult to appear normal and sociable, yet don't get hurt :-(

I love nature, simplicity and minimalism
seeker33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky