xmascarol
Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2018
9 hugs
given
Default Dec 11, 2018 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker33 View Post
This sounds very familiar... It's a wall we build around ourselves. I do the same. I guess it's a double edged sword.
We stay safe but we also appear boring and superficial. That might create a distance because people can't relate to us.

I dread the question "how are you?". In my culture, you're supposed to actually answer honestly and say something about your life. People often tell you about some problem they have in order to show they trust you and they expect you to share something worth them. I absolutely hate this because I can only say I'm fine, thanks, which basically kills all potential conversation... I just have no idea what to say!

I'm sorry this might be off topic but it does relate in a way. It's so difficult to appear normal and sociable, yet don't get hurt :-(
I do that a lot to tell people I am fine ,because I have learned sometimes when someone asks you how you are feeling they really dont care. It happend to me this summer my neighbor asked me how I was feeling .she proceeded to walk away with her back towards me I just I am ok, I was not .Having bad anxieties at the time but I didnt expect her to get it.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, seeker33

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, seeker33