Thread: Rent-a-family
View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Dec 11, 2018 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightNotes View Post
The rent-a-hug service starts at $10.00 per hour. What a bargain! Wonder if they give out coupons once in a while? I'm being sarcastic, but if $20.00 gave me 2 hours worth of hugs, it would be very tempting. Although, knowing me, I don't think it would feel good to me, since it would not feel genuine to me, regardless of the provider's intentions.

The motivation and intention behind a hug is what matters to me, and this is something I can feel. There is a big difference between an obligatory hug and a heartfelt/compassionate hug.

What is a "genuine" hug though? I don't think such a thing exists.

According to my experience, even a significant other hugging or cuddling with you typically does so with a hidden motive. Said motive could be wanting a favor or to make up for an argument or another reason entirely.

At least hiring somebody to fill your needs is predictable and gives you a degree of control. If the person judges you than you can simply fire them and move on. If a SO judges you than you can't do anything about it except argue with them or leave them which only opens you up to being hurt further.

Sorry, I just don't believe that unconditional love exists. The only being that can come close to loving a human unconditionally is a dog.

So yeah, as soon as I can afford to, I plan on hiring a professional cuddler quite liberally. I should be able to make decent enough money within the next year if I don't screw anything else up so when that happens, I'll gladly pay an extra several hundred or more dollars a month to have my needs met in a way that doesn't put me at risk of being hurt further.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TerryL

Thanks for this!
TerryL