Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
6,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryOozit View Post
What was he going above and beyond if not the expectations of his role? By definition that is a boundary breach. I can understand that you don't consider his actions to have been at your expense, but you don't know that it wasn't at the expense of his or others. Of course, that is not your responsibility to consider, it is his and another reason why fulfilling the role and no more is important.
He came in to see me on a Saturday, a day he doesn't normally work, because I was in a crisis. No other clients were affected. It was his decision to offer to see me and I paid him, so it wasn't at his expense. Just trying to point out that it's not always at someone else's expense when they go above and beyond.

He also came in to see me the day after my father died. He died on a Friday night and he offered to come in on the Saturday morning. Again, at no one's expense.

In my opinion, these weren't required of him, hence above and beyond. And I'm grateful. I'd probably be dead if he hadn't seen me on the first instance above.
NP_Complete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, guilloche, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, Miss P, SlumberKitty, Taylor27, UnderRugSwept

Thanks for this!
Bill3, LonesomeTonight, Miss P, Taylor27