Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenZeta View Post
UPDATE: I decided not to throw in the towel QUITE so early in the situation, especially hearing stories from my "coupled up" friends about how they weren't initially attracted to their SO's at first.

I decided to have a few more (strained) phone conversations and was even considering a second date until our phone conversation last night...

I had noticed that I almost had to PULL information from this guy. It felt more like an interview. I would ask a question. He would answer, but he wouldn't really ask a question in return (an indication that he may not be interested in ME as a person).

I even asked him, "Is there anything you want to know about me?" His response: "I'm sure we'll get to that as we spend more time together".

I started noticing that he knew all of the right things to say at the right times. Everything just FELT like a line. I didn't sense authenticity, but I shrugged it off as me being super defensive.

Then the wolf showed his teeth. He asked me what I was doing for New Years, and I told him I didn't have any plans. He responds "Why don't we get away? I'd love to take you to Vegas..."

I responded, "It's a little early for me to accept invitations to overnight trips. Let's just stick to dinner for now..."

This is when he proceeded to tell me, "I know you're scared and you're not used to having a mature man in your life that can treat you like the queen you are... blah, blah, blah..."

I said, "That's not it. I just need to get to know someone before I take overnight trips with them. I'm not ready for that"

This opened the flood gates. He said "I'd always wondered why a woman as attractive as you was single, and now I know why. Mature men don't have time to chase you indefinitely or adhere to some list of rules...doesn't matter anyway. You weren't the only one on my potential list of invitees. I'll spend my money on someone who's ready to be spoiled... Good luck in Spinsterhood..." CLICK.

BULLET. DODGED.

Wow! That’s why I don’t date. That and my heart is occupied territory .
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote