View Single Post
cincidak
Veteran Member

cincidak has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 11:19 AM

I went to my MD and he referred me to a psychiatrist. They gave a diagnosis, a magazine I could subscribe to and medications. They also did not explain my diagnosis, systems to watch for worsening, side effects of what they prescribed etc. I had to do my own research, and I found a much better doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
My doctors have also not told me my diagnosis unless I asked or ordered my medical records. When we are first diagnosed, it would be helpful if they told us our diagnosis and recommended appropriate coping strategies. I first went to a psychiatrist because of suicidal thoughts and he asked some questions then prescribed some pills saying, "This will make you feel better." I did not look up what I was taking (the risks, side effects) which caused a huge problem later (an attempt) when I dropped the medications cold turkey. Unfortunately, people have to do their own research, listen to their body, and advocate for what they want and need or their treatment can go very wrong.

Glad you are seeking a better doctor. Keep reassessing your conditon. Staying stable is an ongoing challenge. Good luck.

Prozac 20mg
Geodon 80mg
Saphris 10mg
Lamictal 150mg

All I can offer is my heartfelt honesty
cincidak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879