splitimage
Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

15 yr Member
73 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 05:23 PM

Ok, I had to look up the med, since I didn't recognize the name. It appears to be a benzodiazepine derivative, and so should have some of the same general properties of that med class.

For some people benzo's are highly addictive, and when you take them regularly you build up a tolerance to them, which means you need to take more to get the same affect that you used to get at the lower dose. Then there's the dependence issue. If you take them long term, your body becomes dependent on having the med, so stopping it is can be hard and stopping without tapering down can be dangerous.

Using only occassionally is usually a safer option and can help avoid some of the problems I mentioned above.

That being said, some people do benefit from long term use of the benzos and are able to take the without negative effect.

But you really should talk to a Dr. or a pharmacist about meds since they're trained in them.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amsquareb, still_crazy