Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Is that what it is? I dont think thats what it is. I think we are so used to being TOLD what we want (which is, whatever the asker really wants), that when we are ASKED what we want, and the asker didnt state a preference AS THEY USUALLY DO, we are at a loss as to what to do. Most of our usual askers are aware they do this - they know they play puppet-master.

Sorry, i dont mean to put my stuff on you! This is strictly how i feel in this kind of situation. My t learned not to give me choices if he didnt want to wait all day!
I don't know for sure if that's what it is. I know my mind goes back and forth like, "Well, if I go tomorrow, then I can get the thoughts out then, especially since I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee Friday morning. And I see T for regular session Monday anyway." Brain: "But then, what if ex-MC writes back Thursday night? Or I'm in a bad place then for other reasons. Should I wait till Friday?"

But you're right, it could be, I'm used to someone (my parents, etc.) saying what they want or prefer. And T actually included "Either one is OK" just to make it more difficult! I'm just horribly indecisive in general, partly due to anxiety, and worry about making the wrong choice. If he'd suggested a slight preference, I'd have gone with that of course. But I don't know. So I told him tomorrow.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, unaluna