Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Default Dec 12, 2018 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididitmyway View Post
I am not sure what your therapist was actually trying to say. Her statements sound kind of bizarre to me to be honest. The suggestion that the way your father touches you may be his way of showing affection is grossly inappropriate and invalidating, but, again, I don't know exactly how it was said, in what context since I wasn't in the room. It's sometimes difficult to understand what happened just based on someone's description.

Regardless, if you felt blamed and invalidated, those feelings are real and need to be respected. The important thing to remember is that your father has absolutely no right to touch you the way he does. Your body is sovereign and no one has the right to touch you the way you don't like or to touch you at all if you don't want that.

Yes thats the word I was looking for, invalidated. Although I was trying to make it clear that I didnt know if it was that bad. When she suggested the way I sat made it less intrusive I felt really invalidated be6cause I cant understand why that would matter. Like I was asking for it or something.
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote