Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2017
4,957 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2018 at 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So my therapist is always talking about being more vulnerable because I dont like to tell her what I am thinking or feeling alot. Anyway, today with in reference to my fathers innapropriate behavior she wanted to give me some ideas of what to say or do next time it happens( and now she thinks my father sexually abused me but thats not what this thread is about) So she was asking if he just reached down and started rubbing my legs she was quite concerned. Later when i told her that i sit on the right side of the couch kind of up my hip and my feet are beside him. She said oh well that sounds less intrusive maybe thats how he shows affection but he should at least be asking you. I just felt like she was saying I led him on or made it out to be more than it was even though i told her I didnt want to make more out of it than it was. So I sent kind of a ****** text saying well none of that explains why he would take a crotch shot of me then show it to me and thats why I dont like to share things because they get trivialized or i feel like they say i led someone on. Am I being reasonable or unreasonable? I feel so small. She also says she thinks I dissociated as a child when he did things( which i do dissociate sometimes but i havent near mu father that i recall) and do it now because thats what I am used to then in the same breath maybe thats how he shows affection. I feel 3 inches tall right now.
This is painful stuff, and how you feel is how you feel. Learning to have feelings and believe them is a long journey. This is the stuff to talk about in therapy, even though it hurts and seems like conflict.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Rive1976