View Single Post
Anonymous55498

Default Dec 13, 2018 at 07:58 AM

Thanks for the article. If it resonates with you and you find it helpful, that's great. I think most clinicians these days that psychosis is a physiological/biological condition primarily, but that does not mean that an individual's own life experiences and environment don't play a role - those have an effect via influencing biological processes as well. Therapy is also a life experience.

There was also Hyman Spotnitz, a psychoanalyst that invented what is known as "Modern Psychoanalysis". He apparently worked with many psychotic people and claims that the therapy alone eliminated the symptoms of some. He wrote a book called Modern Psychoanalysis of the Schizophrenic Patient - it is not an easy read and I don't agree with the simplicity of what he proposes, but interesting. It's a method working primarily with anger/aggression in therapy and they claim it would work for everyone/most people because the root of most psych problems is related to repressed or misdirected aggression as a response to not being able to express it in childhood. My first T practices this method. I personally did not find it useful and I don't think my issues have much to do with aggression, but I can easily see how it is relevant to many people. I just doubt that many Ts are able to work with aggression from clients in a truly respectful, constructive way, it definitely takes a certain personality and hardcore discipline IMO.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
junkDNA, unaluna