Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Now my T wants to talk to my dad because she said she thinks he sexually abused me. I dont know what to think about this. Like anyone would say Hey guess what I did. She said she suspects I dissociated as a child when he did innapropriate things and do now when he does. I dont I dont understand her specualtions sometimes. I would now if I dissociate around him.
I once interviewed a man who admitted he sexually abused his stepdaughter (years ago, the statute of limitations for criminal prosecution would have elapsed plus in the circumstances nobody would have prosecuted him anywayt). What really shocked me is he acted like his justification was really a justification. He said he wanted to "test how far she'd let a man go with her." She was 9 at the time. He thought he was doing something "fatherly." As in helping her. Twisted people with their twisted logic do have a way of revealing themselves even if they aren't intending to. It's possible the information your T might get from your dad would be really useful to you. Information is power, blah blah but true IME.

So you never know what people will admit. Also, it is really common for kids to dissociate and so your T's speculation makes sense to me. Personally, I think your movement in therapy in the past month or so with this T is leading you somewhere. I'd be inclined to trust her because she got you to this place. I don't see any reason why her talking to your father is going to result in anything negative from him-- if she's reasonably good at doing this, she will act as if he's doing her a favor and learning more about you. She's not going to accuse him or even raise his suspicions about what she really thinks. I do thing it's possible it may help you. And I also think that your therapist has a better handle on what may lead you forward-- again, you are in a very different place than you were not so long ago-- and it seems good to me, that maybe you are getting some answers. I would encourage you not to allow strangers on the internet to interfere with the relationship you have with your therapist.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
elisewin