Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2018 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_2017 View Post
Was it hard for you do get through the 2 years? I probably could have mailed stuff to him during this time too but he is not gonna be a T anymore so that is an option I don't have Although he told me that in those cases, he wouldn't reply anyway.

Did you guys ever meet up or anything after or just the emails? I'm not sure what I will want in 2 years but like I said, he's so good about it. He really is. I even mentioned when we were laughing during our game that "See? in 2 years or so if we meet again, we can meet up and play this again" and he was like "yes! sure." So that was hopeful and he "liked" my dogs page on Facebook at my request so he can know if he passes away, which weirdly gives me comfort.

I hope he wont forget me... the weird thing is, I was his last client... at that company and potentially forever if he never goes back to therapy which is sounds like he has no interest in doing.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I've had many times where I felt unwanted or welcome here, but I've also met some nice people here, so I still stick around.
Thing is, I don’t believe I understood about the two year rule when I stopped seeing her. I had to move several states away and I just felt I’d never see her again..and that was that. Yes, it was hard for me. She became my T during the time I was in an exploitative relationship with a psychiatrist. It was a turbulent time. I felt like she saved my life, and she probably did.

So, I was very attached and grateful and all that. It helped for me to mail and tell her how my family and I were doing. I don’t remember how or when we decided we could email each other but it was much later.

She told me one of her reservations about continuing contact was she didn’t want my contacting her to interfere with my finding another therapist in person. But I finally found a new T, so that helped in my case. I’ve told T all about PrevT and T is fine with my connection with PrevT.

T is helping me grieve the loss....and sometimes I use my current therapy to reevaluate things that happened during my time with PrevT. You might be surprised how time and distance can help you look at relationships with a different perspective.

We did meet up again one more time. My family traveled back to that state briefly due to family issues and I was able to see her for an hour, I think, in her office. There was one other time I thought about trying to meet with her again but she discouraged it.

Nowadays, we email and if something huge happens in my life PrevT allows me to phone her. I phone her less and less often now.

These therapeutic relationships can hold a unique intimacy for therapist and client that’s rarely found in other relationships.

I don’t think he will forget you.
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DP_2017, LonesomeTonight