View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM

So this year decided to replace Christmas with Winter Solstice. Ironically, my town has a few nice Winter Solstice type celebrations and gatherings. Also, unlike Christmas Day on Winter Solstice things will still be open. I can invent new traditions around Winter Solstice. Our Planetarium might have a special show.

Because today I started to think about another Christmas alone this year...and without church (not allowed to discuss that on PC)...I just want no parts of it.

Winter Solstice has some lovely art on Pinterest. I love the colors and the artwork which emphasizes nature.

I may celebrate Winter Solstice with a nice dinner out because everything will be open...or the Planetarium or to walk around the outdoor town mall and skating rink...and just take back...this pagan holiday. Maybe will leave some breadcrumbs out for the squirrels.

Maybe I will bake bread. Don't have a big tree this year. Just a little wooden Swedish tree...does that count? It's cute. I like it. That's it. I'm relieved.

I feel sad being alone this year and this has to be the last winter holiday alone.

Last edited by DechanDawa; Dec 15, 2018 at 11:13 AM..
DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu