Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 15, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
I hope you have a nice christmas and enjoy what you can of it.
honestly for me, because I don't have any family to celebrate with, the holidays are nothing special- I'll maybe put up a few decorations, cook myself a turkey, buy myself a few gifts from amazon (yes I know, it's sad buying my own presents), and that is usually that

as for bad memories of christmas, their was one year where I was in hospital over the holidays and I actually

Possible trigger:

it obviously didn't work, because I'm here now- but I came so close, the nurses thought I'd not survive the night.

and as for new year, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I usually dread new year- it gives me the perfect excuse to look back on the last 12 month and think, wow, nothing's changed, I'm still a mess- and it's a big guilt trip from start to end

That's very sad you ended up in the hospital on the holiday. However, it sounded like it was the right place for you to be at the time. You got the help you needed.

I have been calling crisis hotlines on the weekends but I am trying to get away from doing that ...as they don't really help. They just help me remember coping skills I already have in my magical tool bag.

Let's pull out all our coping skills and use them today. Thanks for your kind words. Take extra special care this holiday season and yes, keep everything quiet and simple, that is a good plan for me, too!

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky