View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Dec 15, 2018 at 01:59 PM

Emily you've just scratched the surface of just how much the medical community has it in for their fellow humans. Fiber doesn't help matters...at all. It makes them worse. Why don't more people believe this?

We're all just guinea pigs and dollar signs to most doctors. I am friends with a doctor, and even she bullies me to follow the common (bad) medical advice of:

eat more fiber
use a daily fiber supplement
drink 3 liters of water a day
follow the FODmap diet (for IBS, Crohn's, etc.)

Ever since I was little, I've had constipation, now made worse by my thyroid disease over the years. Well, what if I also just have a slow transit time? That can contribute to constipation.

An entire industry has been built around the concept of Fiber as a cure-all to constipation and digestive problems. My G.I. dr. is adamant that I get a colonscopy AND endoscopy at the same time to uncover the reasons for my constipation. I don't want to get those procedures done because they can cause tears, cause inflammation, cause bleeding, cause infections in the colon's pouches that leads to diverticulitis. So, no thanks.

I am going to read that book Fiber Menace. Humans' digestive systems weren't designed to break down fiber, you're correct. So it's counterproductive when doctors tell us to eat more foods that our digestive systems can't even break down, even if we take OTC enzymes to help with the digestion. Such a nightmare.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote