Forums at Psych Central - View Single Post - Can This Signify An Attachment Disorder
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Newly Joined

Newly Joined
kcgw56 has no updates.

Confused Can This Signify An Attachment Disorder

Clearly, there is little information available regarding attachment disorders. I cannot find the information for which I am looking in the DSM, and I know that's because it isn't in there.

Is there an attachment disorder that relates to a adult (male) overly "attached" to his mother in the sense that his wife must be exactly the same as his mother? He lived with her until his mid 20's and mentioned laying his head in her lap and her tickling his back (which I found weird at that age). Anytime he and I have issues, he runs to his parent's house, and has no problem disclosing our relationship issues, although he certainly points all blame to me and makes himself seem innocent. His mom can't seem to not treat him like a child. He expects me to be equally submissive (she didn't work and her husband is a preacher) and also equally attentive to the children (again, she didn't work, and her husband was emotionally absent).
kcgw56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from: