View Single Post
Anonymous47864

Default Dec 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett35 View Post
Thank you! I do try. I am in a choir and I try and join in with things when I can. It’s just when I do the interaction part I’m concerned about how I am coming across to everyone.

I can talk to certain people, I still get nervous and worry about how I am coming across, and I still don’t like who I am when I talk to them, but I do talk. There’s other people that really throw me off balance, usually anyone in any kind of authority, for instance my choir teacher, my boss, the director of the company I work for, any fitness class instruction teachers. I find it really frustrating because others seem to be able to form decent relationships with them, whereas I see their authority as a barrier to any sort of relationship. It isn’t their fault because every single one of the people I mentioned are lovely! I know it’s coming from me which is so frustrating. I just wish I didn’t overthink it all so much, and I wished I could let the real me out somehow, I just don’t know how to do it!

I completely understand. I really do. I used to turn bright red when I had to talk to anyone of any type of authority. I never thought I would get over it. I do still give myself anxiety with overthinking things I’ve said and whatnot. Meditation helps me with that... with the anxiety.

Just keep doing what you are doing because you will get better. Truly I believe you will. The other thing is that I learned to be nicer to myself. Lots of good self care practices.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
scarlett35