scarlett35
scarlett35 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2018 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
I completely understand. I really do. I used to turn bright red when I had to talk to anyone of any type of authority. I never thought I would get over it. I do still give myself anxiety with overthinking things I’ve said and whatnot. Meditation helps me with that... with the anxiety.

Just keep doing what you are doing because you will get better. Truly I believe you will. The other thing is that I learned to be nicer to myself. Lots of good self care practices.

I’ve had mindfulness recommended to me so it’s something I might try.

I do try to be nice to myself but it’s so easy to beat myself up. I just don’t feel like a very kind person because I’m too scared of being rejected to do anything nice. I daren’t ask anyone anything about themselves incase I appear nosey or like I’m prying, but then people don’t open up to me as they probably think I don’t care. I also try and brush things off too and act like I don’t care when I do. I just don’t want to appear vulnerable or be vulnerable in any way. Even though I know that people respond to that better. I feel like such a fake in my own skin. Only when I’m on my own I feel better.

I suppose I just feel really lost. I look for validation from outside all the time and just don’t feel comfortable or happy in my own skin. I’m hoping I can improve this somehow!

Sorry for the ramble! But it feels good to get it out!
scarlett35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote