View Single Post
piggy momma
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Dec 17, 2018 at 02:34 AM

I agree with you, darkness, on the emphasis on testing. I get that there has to be a way to assess knowledge, but I think there are better ways than multiple choice exams.

I do very poorly on multiple choice as well. I find the wording is often vague and confusing and feel like I am being set up to fail. In my mid-term in psych in October, I got 42% on the exam which was all multiple choice. The class average was 48%. I am overall an A student with a 3.5 GPA. Unfortunately most profs like multiple choice because they are super easy and fast to mark - they just have to feed the form into the computer and it marks it for them.

I would do some more digging if you can. I would find out what the class average is on those multiple choice exams and see where you compare - if the whole class is getting marks around where you are, chances are it's not you. If the rest of the class is getting As, and you're pulling in a D, then you might need to look at some alternate study skills.

Sadly I don't think multiple choice is going to go away any time soon. It's a thorn in all our sides....
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote